Friday, January 8, 2010


















The wind-chill is something like 20 degrees below zero. 20 degrees! It's that burning cold that hurts when it touches any exposed skin. Makes your face all red and flaky and your fingers cadaver stiff. Then there's the snow and ice!! Treacherous if you don't crawl everywhere, but especially NOT made for heels! I thought I could easily hike to my car in my clunky 3" boots, 3", no higher. I mean, I can run an 8 min. mile in 3" pumps! So turns out that today the snow, ice, and high heels were a mistake. In any case, I am NOT planning on going outside again until the temperature is above zero. Not planning, but you know how that goes. If I do have to venture out into these arctic winds, I'm going to have to put together a serious cold weather ensemble, sans heels. Damn Ice. So it got me to thinking about all those Northern European street style blogs that have pictures of real people, European albeit, looking really cool even in sub zero weather.



















































I love the chick who paired her "faux" fur coat with a pair of white slouch boots. And that might be the best puffy down coat I've ever seen. That a-line shape is perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment