Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Styling

Circa 8/2009 - Balboa Park, San Diego, CA: I talked my boyfriend and my hot friend, Ashley, into letting me dress them up to take pictures. I don't think either of them quite knew what they were getting into, but they went along with everything like the good sports they are. I was feeling very hippie boho at the moment, after watching Jack O'Conell's Revolution. I raided FlashBacks, in San Diego's Hillcrest neighborhood, which is so utterly full of amazing and cheap vintage clothes that my heart palpitates just thinking about it. Then I hit Ashley’s closet, threw some of my own stuff together, and attempted something. I wish that I'd had more access to serious funds, so that I could really have gone all out with the macramé and fringe, but being as it were, the outfits came together.  Really, I think these look  like a Sear's catalog's version of hippie lifestyle clothes, and I'm okay with that.
 

So here's what I was going for:





( From top to bottom - random hippie pics courtesy of hippiecouture.com, double Veruschka, Jean Shrimpton, and The Mamas and the Papas.)

And here's what I got:




So, my boyfriend looks a little pervy in this last one, but in a wholesomy sexy pervy kind of a way. 
???

No comments:

Post a Comment